Frequently Asked Questions
|What is the impact of Terrestrial Electromagnetic Storms on Wireline Communications?
||Effects of natural electromagnetic phenomena on wire-line circuits are known. An important factor causing degradation of system operation or damage to equipment is the occurrence of earth currents, or geoelectric variations, associated with electromagnetic storms. Three to six earth-current storms occur yearly, during and after the maximum of the sunspot cycle. Peak disturbances last 10 to 30 minutes and return to normal within 6 to 48 hours. Typical disturbances are 3 to 20 v/km in the auroral zones, 0.5 to 5.0 v/km in middle latitudes, and less than 100 mv/km near the equator. Current flow is generally N-S, except near the geomagnetic equator where it is E-W. Undisturbed diurnal variations exhibit the same general characteristics, but attain values in the range of 5 to 300 mv/km. This is referred only to the typical (so far) observed situations. Our expectations allow possibility of complex damage of wireless infrastructure during maximum solar activity in this cycle (year 2012).
|What is Geomagnetic (Solar) Storm?
||A geomagnetic storm is a temporary disturbance of the Earth's magnetosphere caused by a disturbance in space weather. Associated with solar flares and resultant solar coronal mass ejections (CME), a geomagnetic storm is caused by a solar wind shock wave and/or cloud of magnetic field which typically strikes the Earth's magnetic field 3 days after the event. The solar wind pressure on the magnetosphere and the solar wind magnetic field will increase or decrease depending on the Sun's activity. The solar wind pressure changes modify the electric currents in the ionosphere, and the solar wind's magnetic field interacts with the Earth's magnetic field causing the entire structure to evolve. Magnetic storms usually last 24 to 48 hours, but some may last for many days. In 1989, an electromagnetic storm disrupted power throughout most of Quebec and caused aurora as far south as Texas.
A solar storm is an event in which activity on the Sun interferes with the Earth's magnetic field. Because the Sun is so far away, many people believe that solar storms are not capable of causing very much damage, but they can in fact be quite devastating. Research in the early 2000s created a number of potential worst case scenarios which illustrated the destructive power of solar storms, including scenarios showing that powerful nations in the developed world could be brought to their knees for a decade or more by a storm of large magnitude.
|What is Radiation hazards to humans from Geomagnetic Storm?
||Intense solar flares release very-high-energy particles that can cause radiation poisoning to humans (and mammals in general) in the same way as low-energy radiation from nuclear blasts.
So far (increased above it is expected in 2012) Earth's atmosphere and magnetosphere allow adequate protection at ground level, but astronauts in space are subject to potentially lethal doses of radiation. The penetration of high-energy particles into living cells can cause chromosome damage, cancer, and a host of other health problems. Large doses can be fatal immediately.
Solar protons with energies greater than 30 MeV are particularly hazardous. In October 1989, the Sun produced enough energetic particles that, if an astronaut were to have been standing on the Moon at the time, wearing only a space suit and caught out in the brunt of the storm, would probably have died; the expected dose would be about 7000 rem. Note that astronauts who had time to gain safety in a shelter beneath moon soil would have absorbed only slight amounts of radiation.
The cosmonauts on the Mir station were subjected to daily doses of about twice the yearly dose on the ground, and during the solar storm at the end of 1989 they absorbed their full-year radiation dose limit in just a few hours.
Solar proton events can also produce elevated radiation aboard aircraft flying at high altitudes. Although these risks are small, monitoring of solar proton events by satellite instrumentation allows the occasional exposure to be monitored and evaluated, and eventually the flight paths and altitudes adjusted in order to lower the absorbed dose of the flight crews.
|Is decreasing Geomagnetic Field affecting living creatures?
||Here is a growing body of evidence that changes in the geomagnetic field affect biological systems. Studies indicate that physically stressed human biological systems may respond to fluctuations in the geomagnetic field. Interest and concern in this subject have led the International Union of Radio Science to create a new commission entitled Commission K - Electromagnetics in Biology and Medicine, current chair Dr. Frank Prato.
Possibly the most closely studied of the variable Sun's biological effects has been the degradation of homing pigeons' navigational abilities during geomagnetic storms. Pigeons and other migratory animals, such as dolphins and whales, have internal biological compasses composed of the mineral magnetite wrapped in bundles of nerve cells. This gives them the sense known as magnetoception. While this probably is not their primary method of navigation, there have been many pigeon race smashes, a term used when only a small percentage of birds return home from a release site. Because these losses have occurred during geomagnetic storms, pigeon handlers have learned to ask for geomagnetic alerts and warnings as an aid to scheduling races.
|What will be demmage during Solar Storm?
||Solar storms would only disrupt communications temporarily, and would not be likely to cause direct harm to communications equipment (except for satellites and in case of average storm). An extremely large solar storm, though, could induce geomagnetic currents that would destroy a substantial fraction of the large transformers on the power grid (possibly over much of the world). If this happened, electric power loss due to a large solar storm would be out for a period of years and possibly decades. Unlike nuclear EMP, such a solar storm is an eventual inevitability.
|Does Storm Radiation penetrate inside the bunker?
||It depends on Storm size and frequencies of radiation. In general – it is possible that some portion of energy will penetrate even solid underground facility. Our suggestion is to install our Space Radiation Neutralizer System to minimize potential impact of Severe Solar Storm
|How Personal Protection can help to survive Solar Storm?
||Personal Protection- The Peace Ball is designed to absorb Electromagnetic Radiation. This Energy is neutralized and converted into a broad spectrum of magnetic pulses and sent back to the body. In this way, it improves the whole body’s functionality and also supports the body’s defense system.
|How Space Radiation Neutralizer System can help to survive Severe Solar Super Storm?
||The Space Radiation Neutralizer is built to catch energy from a Solar Electromagnetic Storm. That energy is neutralized on the way to the protected area. The protection is shaped like a disk. We designed three versions of protection: one protection zone has two to three levels of protection. Energy that can surpass the first protection zone will be inhibited by the second protection zones. In the case of a severe level of energy the third zone of protection will prevent any damage. After that, the energy will be safely distributed to the ground without harming anyone.
|How To Prepare For The Coming Super Solar Storm?
Due to the penetration of high-energy particles into living cells, which can cause chromosome damage, cancer, and a host of other health problems, it will be necessary to be protected against Solar Storm Radiation. Our Products are design for this situation.
You should also consider all the other ways of protection listed in the basics below.
There are many different aspects to preparing for uncharted waters as there is simply no way to anticipate all of the possible needs. Since there are more unknowns than knowns, we must consider things we normally would never anticipate. A more comprehensive list can be found in our Solar Storm Survival Guide.
- Emergency Food and Water: It's strongly advised that you have at least 6 to 12 months of supplies if not longer. Since solar events are measured in months, this coming solar event, that NASA tells us will occur, could last for a long time. (Dried foods such as lots of rice, beans, dates, raisins, bananas, powdered milk, beef jerky, etc., should be placed in a large super heavy duty, freezer bags and left in a deep freezer at zero degrees until needed). This insures your food will still taste good even after being store at zero degrees for five or more years. Remember to take all the dried food out right away as soon as you lose power from the solar storm.
- Water: If you own a well and it uses an electric pump, be sure to learn what it will take to install a hand pump on your well and then buy it. There are different kinds of hand water pumps, so be sure you select the one best suited for your needs and place it in storage where the well is located (and all of the required parts and attachments and tools) where you will have easy access to it when you need it. Those without a well will need to own a hand held reverse osmosis water filter. There are many kinds, at many different prices and allows for 1 to 3 gallons of water per hour. Be sure you have two or three hand held reverse osmosis water filters for when one of them breaks down. You will also need a way to catch rain water or a bucket to get water from a stream. Be sure to get at least 6 changeable filters for each reverse osmosis water filter you purchase. You might also want to look into, "gravity fed reverse osmosis", this way you are making clean drinking water as you sleep. You will need at least three 5 gallon water dispensers to store drinking water. If you are dealing with a large family of six or more, then you should double up on your water supplies as you need to make sure you have plenty of portable drinking water as well as for brushing your teeth, cooking and washing hands.
- Household Necessities: Today we take everyday household items for granted, but once you no longer have them, life can be hell! Some of the items you simply do not want to go without and thus have been *starred. *Toilet paper, (the average person uses one average size roll of toilet paper about every 4 to 7 days, plan accordingly), *toothpaste, *Tooth Brushes, *Q-tips, *Emergency Medical Kit, Plastic Drinking Glasses, Hair Combs, *Shampoo, *Hand Soap, *Laundry Detergent (to wash clothes by hand with), *Aspirin.
- Electronics: Today our world revolves around electronics from computers to cell phones, and right down to the electronic ignition system in our vehicles. To the very electronic systems that run our banking system, navigational systems, airplanes, ships, game machine, and our satellites in space. They all use electronics to make them operate. Unfortunately, a super strong solar storm produces electrical jolts that hit the earth and could easily cause all these devices and systems to break down. However, there is a 'work around' that is easy to apply allowing you to easily protect all of your electronics, including your car. This is not something that must be done in advance, but it is something that you have to make sure you prepared to do and you have what is needed once you learn that we are about to get hit with a super solar storm within a few hours.
- Safe Room: Solar storms produce massive amounts of electromagnetic radiation. The last thing you want is to be exposed to high levels of electromagnetic radiation for prolonged periods of time. There are a few different ways we can avoid being radiated from huge solar storms. Because a solar storm such as the one coming will NOT be measured by days, but rather by weeks or months, it's vital to your health that you do not allow yourself and/or your family (including pets) to be exposed to unusually high levels of electromagnetic radiation. Exposure will lead to serious health problems further down the road for untold millions who went unprotected from the dangers of electromagnetic radiation. Airline pilots who fly over the North Pole deal with this issue every day. When the sun is very active, experts say that when pilots are flying over the North Pole during a bad period of electromagnetic radiation, it's the equivalent of receiving a 100 chest x-rays a day. The least thing anyone wants to do is become exposed to electromagnetic radiation levels that are even higher than a 100 chest x-rays a day for weeks on end. Thankfully, there is a way around this as well for both when you’re sleeping as well as when you are awake. But understand that this is not something that you can do in a few hours, rather it will take a few days to make a safe room that will protect you from the powerful electromagnetic radiation that will come right through the roof of your home. Install SOLAR STORM, GEOMAGNETIC VORTEX and SIDE PROTECTION Neutralizers first..
- Cooking: Unless you eat all of your food raw, you will need to make sure you get a small to medium size portable cooking stove. There are two basic kinds. One which uses bottled gas and the other which uses liquid fuel that you pour into a small tank. The drawback of a liquid fuelled stove is that once you are out of bottle gas, you’re in trouble. Whereas with a liquid fueled stove you can usually find more liquid fuel to make it run. Also, keep in mind that these are dangerous and should only be used outdoors. A classic wood stove is a nice alternative as it will also keep you warm in cold weather.
Today and Tomorrow a Division of MicroAlpha Inc.